Friday, May 31, 2013

Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies

On the first day of the long Memorial Day weekend hubby asked me if I had the makings for my loaded chocolate chip cookies.  An inventory showed I was missing a couple of ingredients but a trip to the grocery store took care of that and so cookie making began.  I've had the base recipe for my chocolate chip cookies for about 30 years and have tweaked it to what I think is the perfect loaded chocolate chip cookie.  Why do I call it loaded?  Because if you do it right it is so loaded down with ingredients the final 2 added have to be mixed in with your hands as a spoon can no longer do the job.  I made them right!
LOADED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp water
2 eggs
1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate chunks
1 cup Ocean Spray Craisins (any flavor)

Beat butter, sugars, vanilla, water and egg until light and fluffy.  Mix flour, soda, and salt.  Blend in this mixture to your batter.  Stir in chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, nuts and Craisins.  

TRUST ME:  when you get to the nuts and Craisins you need some strength to get it all mixed together but it is so worth it as you get something in every bite of cookie.

I then drop by the scoop (I use the Tablespoon size cookie scoop I got from Pampered Chef) 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.  Bake 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.  Makes 4-5 dozen.  

NOTE:  I put my first batch in for the 10 minutes as they seem to take longer - think because my cookie sheet is cool at this point.  The next batch I start checking at the 8 minute mark.

IF YOU WANT MAKE THEM ABSOLUTELY DECADENT - Add 1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa to make them Loaded Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies.  

1 comment: