I'm starting a second blog today and am not totally sure how I want to approach it. I was looking for a place to collect my recipes. Those my mom gave to me as well as my own I've acquired over the years. Some have been acquired from friends, some from magazines and cookbooks, some from classes and some have been handed down through the family. I will give credit when I have this information to available.
Today I'm starting with Mom's Chocolate Star Cookies. They were a favorite when growing up.
CHOCOLATE STAR COOKIES
1 1/2 cups shortening (crisco)
2 Tbsp oatmeal
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
Cream together and add
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
6 tsp milk
3 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Beat well. Shape into balls and roll in crushed pecans. Place on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove from oven and place a chocolate star on top of each cookie and bake again 3 to 5 minutes.
This next recipe is mom's recipe she used when making cookies in her cookie press.
COOKIE PRESS COOKIES
2 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup shortening
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Mix ingredients and put into cookie press. Press out cookies. Bake at 375 degrees. The recipe doesn't say for how long but I would say 8 minutes to start checking for doneness.
No comments:
Post a Comment