I had originally thought to use this blog as a place to organize all the recipes handed down to me
over the year's from family and friends and have since changed my mind. A woman's prerogative right?
I have decided I am going to use this blog to share recipes, party ideas and kitchen cookware/gadgets as they come up. I hope you enjoy whatever I have to offer.
My first thing to show is a cookie press. I broke down and went on ebay and purchased an aluminum Mirro screw type cookie press. I love to make cookies using a press but find I don't like the "trigger" operated cookie presses. In fact have broken a few of them over the years. I was so excited when I went in search of one like my mom used to own to find one. It still had all the original packaging and instruction booklet. The original price for this item was $4. Thankfully my price was not much more than this original price and it looks brand new. I can't wait to make my first batch of cookies.
Today I'm going to share my take on a salad I saw made on the Food Network by Trisha Yearwood called Ty's Thai Salad. If you click on Food Network, you will be taken to her recipe that inspired me.
I used coleslaw mix that had both green and red cabbage as well as shredded carrots in it.
I then made the dressing from the show with a slight change - I used basil instead of cilantro and used dried instead of fresh.
My recipes is as follows:
One bag coleslaw mix with green and red cabbage, shredded carrots.
Dressing:
1 cups olive oil
4 Tbsp dry basil = 3/4 cup fresh
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp garlic powder = 1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Whisk all ingredients together and toss with coleslaw mix. I only made a 1/2 size portion of dressing as I used smaller amount of coleslaw mix than the original recipe.
The dressing has such a light and fresh taste to it. I like to so much better than the heavy creamy dressings usually on slaw. I hope you enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment