Friday, May 17, 2013

My Best Marinade

Grilling season has finally arrived here and we broke in our new grill with a favorite of my family and friends - Chicken Kabobs.

Over the years I've been tweaking a marinade recipe to this version I've used for several years to rave reviews.













Marinade (Great for Steak or Chicken)

1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup shrimp cocktail sauce (chili sauce is alternative)
1/4 cup water
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 chili powder
1 tsp dried basil (can substitute italian seasoning or oregano)
1/8 tsp. dried mustard

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  To make the kabobs I take boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them into chunks and put in the marinade for 2 - 4 hours.  I then cut up chunks of onion, peppers, and pineapple.  I put a chunk of onion and pepper on the skewer, then 2 -3 cubes chicken, a chunk of pineapple, 2-3 cubes chicken and end with a chunk of pepper and onion.  Then grill until done.

If you prefer, you can put all chicken on the skewers and your veggies on separate skewers.  Don't be afraid to change up the veggies.  I've used cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash.  Use what you and your family like.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment