Friday was the annual May potluck for the book club I belong to. We have a wonderful time picking our books for the next year and a fabulous potluck luncheon afterwards. You can see on the plate the absolutely wonderful dishes everyone brought. This year seemed to be the year of salads as there were many to choose from. A wonderful selection of desserts and breads as well. This year I brought baked beans in my crock pot which you see nestled in amongst the delicious salads. I received many compliments on them so feel I've finally hit the perfect recipe.
Before I give you my recipe I will share that I bought this crockpot just before Christmas and could not be more pleased with my selection. It happened that my local department store had a sale and with a coupon I had I picked this crock up for just under $20. I bought this crock specifically for potlucks so I could take hot dishes. You will notice it has the little locks to keep the lid tightly closed for transportation. I've already taken it to 2 potlucks and my husband has taken it for a work luncheon and it has worked out beautifully.
Lorrie's Baked Beans
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 (15 oz) cans Van Camp's Pork & Beans
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans (drained & rinsed)
1 (15 oz) can light kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
I take my 6 slices of bacon and put on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until crispy.
In a large bowl put 2 cans Van Camps's Pork & Beans, pinto beans and kidneys beans. Add to this the brown sugar, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and crumbled bacon. Mix all together and pour into crock pot. I turned the pot on high for about an hour and then turn to low until heated through and then turn to warm.
If I make them the night before I put in a baking dishing bake them in the over at 375 degrees for 35 minutes and then when ready to leave put in the crock pot and heat up for an hour on high before I leave and put on low when I get to my destination.
No comments:
Post a Comment