Saturday, August 10, 2013

BLTA Salad

Recently a friend posted a recipe for a BLT Salad on Facebook.  As usual, I altered the recipe to fit my family's taste and made it a BLTA Salad.  Honestly this is the most delicious salad and there is never one bite of leftover when I make it.  I love the crunch that the lettuce gives this salad.  Here is my recipe.

BACON, LETTUCE, TOMATO, AVOCADO SALAD

Mayonaise 1/2 cup
Chili Sauce 3 Tbsp 
Sugar 1 tsp

Mix these 3 ingredients together.  

Then add:

Elbow macaroni 3 cups cooked 
Tomatoes 1/2 cup diced and seeded
Green onions 2 Tbsp chopped 

Toss to coat.

Cover and refrigerate.  Just before serving add

Lettuce 3 cups shredded
Bacon 4 slices cooked and crumbled
Avocado 1 diced

Toss to coat.

NOTE:  If I'm within a couple of hours of serving this salad, I go ahead and complete the final step.

I hope you enjoy my version or come up with a version of your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment