Sunday, November 10, 2013

Long Time Between Recipes!

Lor's Cheesy Chicken Veggie Soup
It has been awhile since I've cooked a recipe that I thought worthy of sharing on my cooking blog.  This one definitely was worth the wait.  

I finally named this recipe Lor's Cheesy Chicken Veggie Soup.  I've been working on this recipe for about 10 years now.  I have not made it in several years as it has always been a good soup but just not great.  I was looking for something new to cook for tonight's supper and pulled this out of my recipe drawer and did some tweaking and the results were fabulous.  It was so good in fact that it has gone from a piece of scrap paper to being written down on an index card for my recipe box.  

I hope you enjoy!

Lor's Cheesy Chicken Veggie Soup

2 chicken breasts, boiled with salt, pepper and a bit of thyme and then shredded
5 cups water
1 1/2 Tbsp L.B. Jamison's chicken flavor soup base (use your favorite)
1 envelope Butter Buds (1 envelope is the equivalent of 7 Tbsp butter hence the Butter Buds)
2 potatoes, diced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 pkg. frozen cauliflower
1/4 lb. velveeta cheese

Bring water to boil.  Add Butter Buds and soup base.  When dissolved, add veggies and shredded chicken.  Simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Remove from heat and stir in velveeta cheese until melted.

This recipe is the perfect size for my family of 3 to each have a bowl and a quart of leftovers.  This recipe can be made larger by just doubling all ingredients and it turns out just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment