I tried a new recipe yesterday for Stuffed Pepper Soup. As always, I did a little tweaking for my family and gave it a try. It was the most delicious soup and did taste exactly like stuffed peppers.
Here is my recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup
2 cups rice cooked
1 lb. ground beef
2 cups diced red, yellow, green peppers
1 cup chopped onion
1 jar (26 oz) chunky tomato pasta sauce
1 can (14 1/2 oz) basil/onion/garlic tomatoes, undrained
1 can (14 oz) beef broth
I prepared rice according to package directions. I then browned my ground beef with the green peppers and onions until meat was no longer pink and then drained. I added the remaining ingredients until heated through. That is it! All there is to it! It makes 2 quarts so we could all have leftover for lunch today. YUMMY!
Just a couple more of my thoughts.
I think next time I will try making it with ground chicken and use chicken broth instead of beef broth. I do the same when I make chili as the ground chicken version always seems a little lighter eating than the ground beef version.
I think instead of precooking my rice next time I will increase the liquid and just toss the uncooked rice into the pot to cook while simmering.

No comments:
Post a Comment