Monday, April 22, 2013

Today's Supper!

It has been busy around my house the past several days and as I knew I was going to be out most of today I decided on a simple but tasty supper tonight.

This recipe was given to my by my husband's Aunt and by far is the most delicious roast ever.  I'm sure many of you have tried this one as it has been around most families for years but just in case here it is.

Pepsi Pot Roast

3-4 lb pot roast
1 16oz bottle pepsi
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 pkg dry onion soup mix

Put in roast (use a pan with a tight lid.  Cover with mushroom soup (undiluted).  Sprinkle dry onion soup mix over top and pour pepsi into pan.  

Bake in a 325 degree oven for 31/2 -4 hours or 250 degrees for 6-8 hours.  The roast will just fall apart and the pepsi and soups make a delicious gravy.

MASHED POTATOES

To go with this I will be making mashed potatoes.  I hope you all know the trick I've learned.  If you have the Pampered Chef CLASSIC BATTER BOWL, just peel and dice your potatoes in this bowl.  Salt and just cover with water.  Just set your time for 18 minutes and hit start.  Your potatoes will come out cooked perfectly and ready for mashing - just drain water and add milk and butter.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment